ADHD Support Group

Hi Jared. I just saw this thread for the first time too, and I think it's a great idea, thanks for starting it! 😍 So here's my story, I'm raising two grandkids, BOTH are ADHD, one more so than the other, and I'm a happily medicated bipolar so you can only imagine the joy! 🤣 But wait, there's more! One of the kids and my DH also have mild Asperger's. And as I have learned more about all this, I have come to realize that I am probably also somewhat ADHD myself, which actually helps! My young'un was taking Concerta but recently rebelled and stopped taking it. He's managing by drinking a little coffee or Dr Pepper twice a day and that seems to help him. Classical instrumental music works for him and me both in the background, the other, older child likes more modern, louder music (in her room, thank you!). So we all have our various strategies but somehow we manage. 😊 Thanks for starting this thread!

Hey Jared. I'm also ADHD (severely). A few things that help me cope with it are 1. Being with my chickens and ducks, 2. reading (lots. I once read over 15,000 pages in a week.) It's been especially tough lately, not sure why. Hopefully I can find some things on here to help though

being with my rabbit usually helps me. I’m a little bit of a reader myself. I have to be in the right mood in order to read, though. I like reading the classics, like Alice in Wonderland and Robin Hood.

being with my rabbit usually helps me. I’m a little bit of a reader myself. I have to be in the right mood in order to read, though. I like reading the classics, like Alice in Wonderland and Robin Hood.
That's cool. I used to have a rabbit. I like pretty much all books. Before I moved i had read almost all the books in my library lol

That's cool. I used to have a rabbit. I like pretty much all books. Before I moved i had read almost all the books in my library lol

she is a sweetheart. Had her for 7 to 8 years now. Really a sweet rabbit.

I also have a dog who’s been with people who had ADHD (Me, my bro, and sis,) since he was a puppy. He knows how to help us.

Back
Top Bottom