ADM Pen Pals Egg Maker Complete and Egg Maker Balancer

Hennyetta

Chirping
6 Years
Jan 29, 2013
The local feed mill where I will be getting my chicken feed carries ADM feeds, and I'm wondering about their layer feeds. The Balancer is supposed to be fed half and half with quality scratch grains, and you also need to feed oyster shell. I think with the complete, you don't have to feed anything else.

My question is, what are the benefits of feeding the balancer? It seems like maybe it would end up being more expensive, since you'd then have to buy your scratch grains, but maybe not. I haven't stopped into the mill to check prices. Do people feed the Balancer so they can sort of customize their birds' diet by then adding whatever scratch grains they prefer?

I'm thinking there must be some sort of benefit to it, because obviously feeding the Complete would be easier!
smile.png

I've been feeding the ADM complete feed for years and I've had no problems. I like not having to worry about mixing. I still give a little scratch when it's cold to help keep them warm. I like that it comes in pellets. Mine seem to not waste as must with pellets.

Lots of folks like to feed a similar, high protein product, such as GameBird which allows for feeding a lots of scratch grains and other lower protein things. Sometimes, people have access to local grains they either grow themselves or buy bulk in the field. These grains are thus quite inexpensive, but the downside is that they are not a complete diet. By feeding a Balancer or other high protein feed, the chickens get the balanced nutrition they need.

Feeding a complete feed ration is always a choice, if you wish.

That makes sense. I figured it was something like that. Thanks for answering my question!

I would like to suggest an egg cooker keeps the balance the high protein power of egg. That's how I came to an idea of buying the automatic egg cooker. Why wouldn't I make things easier for myself if I can?

Back
Top Bottom