adopted a hurt chick,got a question...

not wash but wipe it off. that way the cotton ball or tissue is just slightly damp. hey i was just reading where someone used a piece of screen or hardware cloth to separate their chicks that that way they can see ,smell but not touch.. just have to be careful with the ends that stuff hurts when getting stuck with it.. Glad to hear the 2 chicks are bonding. sorry I can't spell this morning.

Last edited:
I wonder if when you get ready to put them all together if you could do kinda like shuffle putting some chicks into another brooder and viseversa. that way when you put them all together the pecking order is has to be established again. Am I making myself clear. Like they have to start all over and gives the new chick a chance to get in on it.

Quote:
that sounds like a good idea.i have to get some of that blu-kote off her.i noticed the blu-kote sometimes looks red under the red light,so i may have to wait til its gone to put them all together..

I don't know about looking red but when it's on me and it usually is, it's really purple
lol.png

update on the baby.she is thriving!! i was able to put her in with the other babies today and everything is fine.i dont think ill have to retreat with the blu-kote but ill keep an eye on it.thanks again miss lydia...

Back
Top Bottom