ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

Thanks, we will pick one up tomorrow along with some more lumber to finish their yard. We are going to be gone a couple of days next week and want to get them used it their new set up before we leave.

This morning I went out and my door had opened only a couple of inches. This is not the first time it's done this. It did it one day when I was on vacation and when my chicken sitter came in the evening, the chickens rushed out and were terribly thirsty. Anyone have any experience with this? What causes it and what can I do to make sure it doesn't happen again?

I wish they'd go on sale....like 50% off on sale. :\

Sure, but I can tell you that it is worth every penny in peace of mind, ability to sleep beyond 5:00am, or to come home late on occasion. Not to mention that its easier to get a chicken sitter if they don't have to open and close the coop every day.
I think the price is reasonable for what it is, I am in no way saying that. I've seen less well designed products that are higher priced, but some folks just don't have the bucks....but I don't have the bucks to got out or on vacation, so that's not problem anyway :D
i would love it, but we are on a fixed income and $199.00 is a lot to us, so i guess we will go close coop at night and open in morning......
My problem exactly....rather very low to no income.

I'll have to sell something to afford this, it's on my most wanted list. ;-)

Last edited:
Quote:
I have not heard of this happening before. You might want to try disconnecting the battery momentarily to reset everything and then watch it over the next few days. Otherwise, give Rod a call. He is usually answers the phone.

Last edited:
Quote:

And, it's worth every penny.

I hear what you say about money. We would never have been able to afford building our coop, run, and buying bells and whistles like galvanized poop pans, Ador1 door, etc., but we got a rather large tax refund check this year, and we have wanted chickens for a long time. Otherwise, I would have just spent the money on something foolish like food, heating oil or my mortgage!
gig.gif
BTW...what's a vacation? Since I bought my house, I haven't been on vacation in years.
tongue.png

Last edited:
This morning I went out and my door had opened only  a couple of inches.  This is not the first time it's done this.  It did it one day when I was on vacation and when my chicken sitter came in the evening, the chickens rushed out and were terribly thirsty.  Anyone have any experience with this?  What causes it and what can I do to make sure it doesn't happen again?

Never! I suggest you call Rod directly at 832.444.0192

Back
Top Bottom