ADOR1 Automatic Coop Door?

I too am looking for a automatic door, being Canadian some of the options are even more expensive up here - that said I see one by Titan incubators but don't see any discussion here on its merits? I also have a couple Indian Runners and suspect they may get locked out once and awhile (although they kinda think they are chickens). We have power to our coop so the battery issue isn't a biggie. Any thoughts?

I, too, have an ADor and love it--it's been installed abt 8 months and I sat up there in evening for a few nights to make sure they all made it in -- and twice a bird got locked out--one came down to my house; the other cackled at top of back stairs--pretty funny--I have an 8x6 shed with the door on north side --great set-up for an old girl like me--no bending -- I'm just beweeildered by the fact that all 7 of my girls set in same box!!! What's with that? This is end of my first year with chickens--they're funny, interesting--lots of work--but think I'll keep them for awhile --I'm 76.

I too am looking for a automatic door, being Canadian some of the options are even more expensive up here - that said I see one by Titan incubators but don't see any discussion here on its merits? I also have a couple Indian Runners and suspect they may get locked out once and awhile (although they kinda think they are chickens). We have power to our coop so the battery issue isn't a biggie. Any thoughts?
I only have experience with the Ador1 door.
I do believe they make a larger size for Turkeys, if you'd need that.

I agree, I haven't seen any threads about the Titan product.

As I've mentioned, I love the fact that I added the external sensor. It is even more sensitive than the built in one, and my door closes later (as far as your ducks making it in), at full on dusk/nearly dark. So I've not had any locked out since adding that.

I only have experience with the Ador1 door.
I do believe they make a larger size for Turkeys, if you'd need that.

I agree, I haven't seen any threads about the Titan product.

As I've mentioned, I love the fact that I added the external sensor. It is even more sensitive than the built in one, and my door closes later (as far as your ducks making it in), at full on dusk/nearly dark. So I've not had any locked out since adding that.

I agree about the external sensor. I have my door mounted inside with the external sensor. It keeps it open until dark.

I have my Ador installed now and love it. Not having to think about letting the girls out in the morning and closing them in at night is really nice. Also, it's nice when I'm out of town because I can get a neighbor to come by and get eggs, but not have to worry about the chickens, and then I only need a pet sitter to come by a few times a week.

Last edited:
Hi there :)

I installed Ador1 this spring and it was easy to install and works great. And was wondering any recommendations for good battery. Because I've already changed twice. Somehow I thought battery last long time.

Thank You!

Hi there
smile.png

I installed Ador1 this spring and it was easy to install and works great. And was wondering any recommendations for good battery. Because I've already changed twice. Somehow I thought battery last long time.

Thank You!
I'm not sure why you need to change the battery more often?
Luckily they are not very expensive at all.

You could try emailing Rod @AdorStore

Our battery is 3 years old have not changed it we keep talking about changing it before it dies but so far so good! Batteries are dated I believe make sure you aren't buying old batteries. Your post reminded me to add that to my to do list!

Hi there :)

Thank You!

We installed this battery this spring, along with the related solar panel, and so far it's worked flawlessly.

Moultrie 6-Volt, 5-Amp Rechargeable Safety Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001J8J7GK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_FX4LxbBVFG4AT

Back
Top Bottom