Adult chicken walking backwards

Hi there:) Just wondering how you made out with your chicken? Did vitamin e and selenium help her at all? Mine is behaving similarly.
Sorry about your chicken. This can be a neurological sign of wry neck. If you click on the heading below “Emergencies...” you can start a new thread of your own, and give plenty of details, and you will receive more attention there.

One of my hens started the exact same way with the same issue, found out it was wry neck, unfortunately it did not end for the best it got worse. I did what I could for her for 2 weeks. Vitamin E and electrolyte water, scrambled eggs. I separated her as well it got to the point her neck was twisted so much she was looking at the ceiling and I was giving her water with a baby dropper. She fought hard. I wish you and your baby the best definitely get the vitamins and electrolytes asap.

One of my hens started the exact same way with the same issue, found out it was wry neck, unfortunately it did not end for the best it got worse. I did what I could for her for 2 weeks. Vitamin E and electrolyte water, scrambled eggs. I separated her as well it got to the point her neck was twisted so much she was looking at the ceiling and I was giving her water with a baby dropper. She fought hard. I wish you and your baby the best definitely get the vitamins and electrolytes asap.
Sorry for your loss. Did you get a necropsy done on the body by your state vet?

Sorry for your loss. Did you get a necropsy done on the body by your state vet?
We did not. I searched as much as I could, and she had every "symptom" of wry neck. That was the only thing that I could find that explained what was going on with her. Fortunately none of my other hens have had this issue. I also was not aware that I could have a vet do that to a chicken as she was given to us from the previous homeowner along with 3 other hens so we were completely new at raising chickens. We had to learn fast on everything chicken. So I thank you for also providing me with information i didnt know.

Back
Top Bottom