Adult duck and baby ducklings

rouenduck87

In the Brooder
Mar 16, 2017
Michigan
I was just wondering I have a one year female Rouen duck and I put my 3week old ducklings in the coop with her she Seems fine with them not being aggressive but did notice she is plucking the babies and pulling the ducklings fuzz out and have some bald spots what does this mean and what should I do thanks for input

That seems to be a little aggression to me, she's showing who's the top duck. Maybe let your ducklings grow up just a little more before introducing them? Is she chasing them at all? The bald spots worry me, that has to hurt.
I have an Indian Runner who lost his whole flock this winter, I'm raising four ducklings and they are currently a month old. But I won't introduce them at least another month or so.
Maybe someone else will have better advice, I'm not the most intelligent with Ducks.

That seems to be a little aggression to me, she's showing who's the top duck. Maybe let your ducklings grow up just a little more before introducing them? Is she chasing them at all? The bald spots worry me, that has to hurt.
I have an Indian Runner who lost his whole flock this winter, I'm raising four ducklings and they are currently a month old. But I won't introduce them at least another month or so.
Maybe someone else will have better advice, I'm not the most intelligent with Ducks.

Back
Top Bottom