Adult hen desperately wants to come in the house.

brigitta

Hatching
May 9, 2022
One of my chickens (name Fuzzy) wants to come in the house. I have 3 baby chicks (4-5) week old in my house in the brooder. Could the hen sense the chicks and wants to come in? She did lay an egg yesterday. Some background: one of the chickens is cracking the eggs for 1 week. Fuzzy was a suspect and I put her in small kennel in the garage yesterday. She spent the day and night. This morning I found another cracked egg so I let Fuzzy free since it must be another chicken cracking the eggs. Now all day she has been trying to come in the house. She jumps against the glass of our back door.

Well, I have one that has bonded with me and she loves to come in and cuddle and watch tv. She even has her own 'cage bedroom' in the den. It seems she wants to be with you. Nothing like having a lap chicken. lol

Well, I have one that has bonded with me and she loves to come in and cuddle and watch tv. She even has her own 'cage bedroom' in the den. It seems she wants to be with you. Nothing like having a lap chicken. lol
Same one? (Fuzzy?) Maybe she just wants in because her favorite show is on and she smells popcorn…

Our hens want in the house as well- they actually were when they were ity bity in the brooder in the livingroom but moved outside between 4-6 weeks. I think it's great for those that let their chickens in the house- but we just choose to only do the brooding inside- then around 4-6 weeks they get adjusted to the coop outside. :oops:

My hen Henrietta comes in a few times usually in the morning to hang out with me but she goes back outside until it is time for bed. Then she comes in and goes straight to her 'cage bedroom' where she gets a snack and closed up for the night. She is happy and spoiled. lol

Back
Top Bottom