Advanced bumblefoot in duck ankle

A bit of an update:
I’ve already ordered the epsom salt poultice tho it is taking a bit longer to ship it should be here today. The scab has gotten a bit bigger but the swelling has gone down a bit which is surprising since I haven’t done much waiting for my delivery. I’m hoping the scab being bigger and it being a bit more drained I’ll be able to pull it off a lot easier than last time since it was small and I could barely get a grip on it. Wish me luck with the epsom salt poultice and if you have any advice on using it I’m willing to take it

@SarahsGarden is the one that had a bigger scab and applied the poultice. Maybe you can get some help by contacting her, and reading through her threads: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/found-bumblefoot-cure.1588589/.

I might soak the foot in lukewarm water - with regular epsom salts if you have them - then gently pull the scab - squeeze out any pussy stuff, let it bleed for a few seconds. I would then spray with vetricyn or rinse it with saline, and pack with the epsom salt poultice, put a piece of gauze pad over it and wrap it securely with vet wrap. Not so tight you cut off circulation or anything. Keep her dry for 24 hours before unwrapping to check on it and reapplying the poultice.

Back
Top Bottom