Adventures Staying at Home...

How has the self quarantine effected you?

• Dramatically

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • A little

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Not much

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • Not at all

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I wish I’d hoarded all the rum

Votes: 10 23.3%

• Total voters
Pics

room onthebroom

Advocate
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
May 4, 2015
33. N -117.W
Anybody else need a break from the doom & gloom everywhere?

Heres a spot where we can take the lemons life is throwing at us & share the lemonade we made from it.

Any funny stories to share during our worldwide confinement? Pictures? New things you’ve tried? Hobbies or recipes? Books or movies you want to recommend? Insightful epiphanies about your dog? New work/homeschool routines? Interesting ways to keep yourself busy?

Here is DH & me texting each other today from different rooms in our house. Yep, we’re keepin’ it real people.:lau
6E66CD0D-54F4-4A9E-A159-B4DFEE02F3CC.jpeg

Last edited:
Tomorrow New Mexico officially starts the Shelter in place/stay home/lockdown until April 10th. I've been socially distancing myself from humanity all my life, so no problem for me. :lol:

However tourists from Texas are flooding up here to our tiny mountain town, thinking they can weather out the storm here. Our Mayor is forcefully urging them to stay out to protect our community.

Here and across the river they have designated only essential travel purposes be allowed.
I saw that they said liquor stores are among the essential destinations.
What do people do in dry counties at a time like this? Build a still?
I have heard they are keeping the liquor stores open for a couple of reasons. 1, alcoholics can die and they don't want them flooding hospitals and 2, alcohol does keep some people calm. I guess booze is essential then? :idunno

However tourists from Texas are flooding up here to our tiny mountain town, thinking they can weather out the storm here. Our Mayor is forcefully urging them to stay out to protect our community.
How are they doing that? Do they own property up there or do they think they’ll rent Airbnb’s for weeks?

I have heard they are keeping the liquor stores open for a couple of reasons. 1, alcoholics can die and they don't want them flooding hospitals and 2, alcohol does keep some people calm. I guess booze is essential then? :idunno
The governor in CA listed all the pot stores as essential. My best guess is that he’s hoping everyone will be too sleepy to incite riots or start looting.

Back
Top Bottom