- Nov 6, 2020
My S/O and I been working from home since March. Because of my asthma we’ve taken Covid pretty seriously and have really removed any non-essential trips to public places. Being home so much means I have the time to explore interests I haven’t had time to explore before. Also, I need to stay sane. Here’s a list:
- Metal stamping (because I have a lot of pets and hope to get good enough to one day donate pet ID tags to my local animal shelter).
- Sewing using a sewing machine vs by hand (because it’s giving something for my mom and I to bound over every though we’re thousands of miles away)
- Making jelly & jams (long story, but I made a fatalii pepper & citrus jam that is to die for! Working on perfecting the recipe to share b/c I couldn’t find one anywhere)
- Butter making (because it’s a cheap and easy way to take a piece of toast or pancakes to the next level).
- Raising Quail from eggs vs buying sexed juveniles (because they are adorable and eggs!)
- Making homemade bird food treats for wild birds (because the bird feeders distract our cat and give us a chance to bird watch from home).