Advice for my injured turkey…aka Edna

Jessicasyring3

In the Brooder
Aug 6, 2022
I’m hoping someone can help me out with my turkey. My turkey injured herself about a week ago. Initially, I thought maybe she broke her leg or pulled a muscle. She is putting some weight on it but not much. I have put her in a safe place to recover. She is eating, drinking and even laying some eggs. She makes her happy turkey sounds. But today I was able to get a closer look at her under side and have noticed some “green” coloring near her leg. Bruising maybe? I’m not sure but I’m afraid it might be infection and I don’t won’t her to suffer. Here is a photo of what it looks like. Any advice would be great.
B88089CC-FC76-4B16-8648-DF8DAACC1ECE.jpeg

I’m hoping someone can help me out with my turkey. My turkey injured herself about a week ago. Initially, I thought maybe she broke her leg or pulled a muscle. She is putting some weight on it but not much. I have put her in a safe place to recover. She is eating, drinking and even laying some eggs. She makes her happy turkey sounds. But today I was able to get a closer look at her under side and have noticed some “green” coloring near her leg. Bruising maybe? I’m not sure but I’m afraid it might be infection and I don’t won’t her to suffer. Here is a photo of what it looks like. Any advice would be great.View attachment 3213812
Most likely a breeding injury caused by the tom trying to breed her when she was on her nest. Keep the tom away from her. As @sourland said, the green color is bruising.

Back
Top Bottom