Advice needed-heartbreak-mine and chicken's

Christina,

I had an inkling that the outcome was not as we all wished for you and Robert... I noticed that you were online after your Vet visit...

You have had a very kind and caring Vet who has supported you and Robert throughout his ailing health.

Robert is at peace and he will always be with you...so fitting that you took him home with you. Although we have to live with the heartache of our losses of our wonderful companions there is the comforting feeling that we have done all that we can to give them a wonderful life. You are a credit to the world of chickens...

Bless you!

So pleased to hear that you will continue being here on BYC to support others....your experiences ( although very sad ) are of great help to us gaining a better understanding of our charges.
hugs.gif

Christina i am so sorry for your loss of Robert,it is very heartbreaking when one of our beloved pets dies. I wish i had some words of comfort to give you,but there are none. Robert did know that he was loved and i personally believe that this is the greatest gift we can give our pets and each other b/c this above all else is what matters. I know the pain of bringing home a beloved pet to be buried after a vet visit,that we had hoped would have gone a different way,but he is now forever surrounded by the people that knew and loved him the most.

I answer many questions on this forum and every so often one really affects me,your Robert is one of them,i personally will always remember him and you. His story has brought tears to my eyes several times,including now as i write this.

My sincere condolences to you and your family,

Mia

I noticed too that you weren't online. I am so sorry :( I wanted to cry reading about Robert. It's hard. Every day I look at my chickens and hope no one else dies from horrible Mareks. I wonder who might be next. It's awful.

Thanks again everyone and schnebbles -gosh I really know that awful feeling of dread everytime you open the coop door in the morning-it all feels more pain than pleasure sometimes.

I haven't experienced Marek's,but at one point suspected it,and I have to say the advice and experiences here on this site were much more useful than anything else.

I guess you have probably already asked for advice and opinions here about the Marek's problem,but if not,please do
As well as advice,it just makes you feel less alone with the problem,as I found with this thread about Robert.

When my 2 chooks got egg yolk peritonitis too the vet was treating them with just antibiotics.
It was advice on here that got me to insist on regular draining and hormone implants and both chooks radically improved immediately and had more than a year of happy life afterwards.

Marek's is a problematic thing,especially with the vaccinate/don't vaccinate question.
And you are a kind,humane person and doing the very best you can for them. And that is all you can do.

I send you and the chooks lots of love and would very much like to know how you and the girls are doing

and realsis
So glad your streak of bad luck is over with the chooks.
Your kind post did make me wonder if I could get a few more chickens for my lone hen after all.
But what I have decided is I will try and find her a lovely home . And only if I can't I will get her some companions.
She has just come in from the garden and is sitting preening in front of the fire. I don't think she is too unhappy,but still I know she needs chicken company.

Gosh what a rollercoaster chicken-keeping is!!!!

Love from Christina xxxx

Back
Top Bottom