Advice needed, please! I'm not a beginner but this has me stumped 🤔😟

Is there any chance of butchering some of them? (Especially the roosters.)
Actually, the strangest thing started happening after we moved in... Roosters, just bachelor roosters, started to vanish! Personally, I blame the coyotes around here. Those chickens aren't kept in a coop!
On a completely different note, I'm friends with the nicest Latino family......they do eat meat. 😜

That's the stuff.
Thank you so much! I was going to start everyone today, then I saw the babies. There are hens here, with chicks about a week or two old. Some pullets as well. Can I still treat the flock? Unfortunately, there's no hope of catching those young ones or keeping them separate, I'm not even sure where the one Mama sleeps! (Her legs are clean of more scabs, maybe that's why! She sleeps alone.)

-So, can I treat the flock's water with Corid, even with mixed ages?

-My own flock has mixed ages as well, but medication usually goes by weight. My pullets are 4-5 months old.

You can treat the water with corid for everyone, it's safe. I always treat every waterer when I add a coccidiostat because those pesky birds always manage to get to whatever waterer they're not supposed to.

For worming it might be easier to use the powder stuff you add to feed for x number of days. Rather than catching everyone individually. However that won't help your scaly leg mite situation, so if you have to catch them all, may as well ivermectin them as that'll do both.

I've only used ivermectin as drops externally, however I have been wondering about using an ivermectin horse wormer mixed into feed for ease and less stress. Please note I have not actually done this yet, but I deworm in their feed with a bird wormer (mixed into canned mackerel to disguise the taste). Perhaps this is an easier option with your crowd issue?

You want to buy Ivermectin 1% solution. The dose is a couple drops for small chickens and three or four drops for larger ones. Place the drops via needle syringe, since you need that to extract the solution from the vial, onto the skin on the back of the neck. This treats leg mites, worms, and depluming mites.

Back
Top Bottom