Advice needed please.

Farmer Maz

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2017
Isle Of Man
Hi I am a new member I have been searching all night to try and gain as much info as I possibly can. I have jumped in the deep end. I ordered 6 Muscovy eggs a few weeks back and put them in a self turning incubator.They are @ 35.7 and @ 60% humidity.I candled at 8 days and one egg was not fertile so I have 5 babies. I checked again tonight they are on day 20 and they are moving and doing good. But they are in an upright position in a self turning incubator. Is this right or shall I take that part out and lay them flat and self turn. Iv also been cooling and spraying. Many thanks any help is appreciated
1f60a.png

Hi I am a new member I have been searching all night to try and gain as much info as I possibly can. I have jumped in the deep end. I ordered 6 Muscovy eggs a few weeks back and put them in a self turning incubator.They are @ 35.7 and @ 60% humidity.I candled at 8 days and one egg was not fertile so I have 5 babies. I checked again tonight they are on day 20 and they are moving and doing good. But they are in an upright position in a self turning incubator. Is this right or shall I take that part out and lay them flat and self turn. Iv also been cooling and spraying. Many thanks any help is appreciated
1f60a.png

welcome-byc.gif
Haven't done ducks yet but plan to this spring. I've been told when they go to lockdown, three days before hatching just like chickens but on day 25 to stop the turning and lay them on their sides just as you would a chicken egg. Hope this is correct so if it isn't I would like to know.

Last edited:
G’Day from down under Farmer Maz
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry that I have no experience with Duck eggs, just chicken eggs hatched under a broody hen.

However, you might want to try posting on the Incubating & Hatching Eggs Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

Or, the Duck Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Best of luck with the hatch!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom