1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Advice needed please.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Farmer Maz, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Farmer Maz

Farmer Maz Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2017
    Isle Of Man
    Hi I am a new member I have been searching all night to try and gain as much info as I possibly can. I have jumped in the deep end. I ordered 6 Muscovy eggs a few weeks back and put them in a self turning incubator.They are @ 35.7 and @ 60% humidity.I candled at 8 days and one egg was not fertile so I have 5 babies. I checked again tonight they are on day 20 and they are moving and doing good. But they are in an upright position in a self turning incubator. Is this right or shall I take that part out and lay them flat and self turn. Iv also been cooling and spraying. Many thanks any help is appreciated [​IMG]

2. dekel18042

dekel18042 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] Haven't done ducks yet but plan to this spring. I've been told when they go to lockdown, three days before hatching just like chickens but on day 25 to stop the turning and lay them on their sides just as you would a chicken egg. Hope this is correct so if it isn't I would like to know.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  3. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under Farmer Maz [​IMG] Welcome!

Sorry that I have no experience with Duck eggs, just chicken eggs hatched under a broody hen.

However, you might want to try posting on the Incubating & Hatching Eggs Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

Or, the Duck Forum: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Best of luck with the hatch!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hello and welcome to BYC - good luck with your hatch.

CT

1 person likes this.
  6. Farmer Maz

Feb 15, 2017
    Isle Of Man
    Thanks will have look now[​IMG]

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good luck with your hatch!

1 person likes this.
  8. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Farmer Maz, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our flock! Best wishes to you and your ducks and hatching! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. Farmer Maz

Feb 15, 2017
    Isle Of Man
    Thank you I'm here in the Isle of man.[​IMG]

10. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hi there, and welcome to BYC! I am so glad you joined us, please make yourself at home here! I think you'll like it! :frow

~Cuz

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by