Advice needed. Running around like a chicken with...

okay. all the birds are roosting. Marilyn is upstairs with me and in large crate with Pediasure, water and yogurt(warm & dark), It wasn't an over-heat issue. I could tell. I didn't have the time/composure to alert y'all that 2 months ago, I lost my first hen, Lucy. Moved her inside, thought she was doing better but, died in my arm 10 days after I was aware.

no, completely still. stood by the water stands for a long time. took some pics, trying to figure out how to share them. they don't show anything to me. she is just so stinkin still. not moving, slow to close eyes every once and a while. The comb looks nice. she just doesn't want/can't move?? She did vomit clear water-ishy stuff on me when i was bringing her upstairs.

no, completely still. stood by the water stands for a long time. took some pics, trying to figure out how to share them. they don't show anything to me. she is just so stinkin still. not moving, slow to close eyes every once and a while. The comb looks nice. she just doesn't want/can't move?? She did vomit clear water-ishy stuff on me when i was bringing her upstairs.
I bet she has sour crop! That sounds very similar to my hen and she passed away a few days ago. If i can find it i will attach an article that another member posted on my thread that helped alot

I know the clear watery vomit is not a good sign... did she get tilted forward/tipped her head down when you were moving her. I think* (I don’t know much) that I read somewhere once about them accidentally breathing in the liquid and drowning if they are tipped. Not to scare you... just a recollection.

If we accidentally squeeze the crop when handling a chicken when it is full and puffy, we can sometimes make them regurgitate crop contents. Hopefully, that is all that is wrong, but she might have aspirated some fluid. Just try to look her over in the morning, checking her crop again to see if it is fipull and puffy, feel of her lower belly for fullness or enlargement down between her legs compared to other chickens, look at her droppings, and check for egg binding.

I know the clear watery vomit is not a good sign... did she get tilted forward/tipped her head down when you were moving her. I think* (I don’t know much) that I read somewhere once about them accidentally breathing in the liquid and drowning if they are tipped. Not to scare you... just a recollection.
Oh no! I am so overwhelmed and can't think straight. I picked her up straight and gently, no tilting or jerking. the projectile was immediate.

Back
Top Bottom