Advice needed!

Beth77

Chirping
Aug 10, 2015
Scotland
Hi there, my Orpington is currently sitting on five fertile eggs and has been for 17 days. I've recently separated an area in the coop for her. (She hasn't been moved from her original nest at any point.)Today for the second time I lifted her out so she could get food and water, as I do twice daily, (she usually stays out for 10 minutes at a time) and forgot to open the back door of the coop so she could access her area I made for her. Instead she went in the front door and sat on an empty nest. When I went out to the coop to check on her after nearly an hour I realised what had happened and felt the eggs, they were not cold but definitely not as warm as they should've been. I immediately lifted her off the empty nest and let her in the back door and she went straight to her eggs.

Will the eggs still hatch? Can they survive that amount of time with no heat? Any opinions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

If the eggs were viable to start with, they will hatch. Get ready for your chicks.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom