Advice needed

I would also highly recommend checking out birdtricks. They are professional parrot trainers and have very helpful content on their channel. I use their videos all the time and got my parrot breakfast recipe (which I also highly recommend) from their online store.
https://birdtricksstore.com/collections/cookbooks/products/natural-feeding-system-digital-download
Here's their channel.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1BpMn4ErGPo8XB3Rzltojg
I've seen some of their videos already.

My cat has only been around chickens and ducks. She's actually pretty scared of baby chicks and ducklings for some reason. One time I sat on the couch with one and she came to see what I had but as soon as she heard it peeping, she ran off to hide and I couldn't find her for hours. She always runs to hide whenever I bring home new baby chicks/ducklings.

Does that mean she'd be scared or stressed by the new bird?

Also, what type of bird are you planning on getting?

Does that mean she'd be scared or stressed by the new bird?

Also, what type of bird are you planning on getting?
Probably scared, still not sure. And I just realized I didn't mention that I wouldn't leave my cat alone with the bird.
And I plan on getting a conure. There's so much info on owning one and I still haven't finished a 4 page info on a website about owning them.

Probably scared, still not sure. And I just realized I didn't mention that I wouldn't leave my cat alone with the bird.
And I plan on getting a conure. There's so much info on owning one and I still haven't finished a 4 page info on a website about owning them.

Does your cat need constant attention or is she happy to self-entertain? Because the parrot will need a lot of attention, especially if it lives in a cage on it's own.

Does your cat need constant attention or is she happy to self-entertain? Because the parrot will need a lot of attention, especially if it lives in a cage on it's own.
My cat will only seek attention if we're in my bedroom, which is only bedtime. Otherwise, she'll go off to sleep on a chair all day. She's going to be 3 years old on April 9th.

So what info do you want? Do you want to let them see each other, or will you just keep them separate?
To see each other, understand that neither are ever leaving, and understand that no harm will come to either one. Mainly just like introducing a dog to a cat, kind of thing? If that makes sense?
I think the only time they'd really be around each other, is morning and bedtime.
And the cage would only be used for bedtime or if I need to leave the house. I actually hate having to keep an animal in a cage but I know that for birds, it's needed if I won't be around to protect them.

To see each other, understand that neither are ever leaving, and understand that no harm will come to either one. Mainly just like introducing a dog to a cat, kind of thing? If that makes sense?
I think the only time they'd really be around each other, is morning and bedtime.
And the cage would only be used for bedtime or if I need to leave the house. I actually hate having to keep an animal in a cage but I know that for birds, it's needed if I won't be around to protect them.

Just wondering, have you at all considered an outdoor aviary? I keep my parrots outside in large-ish aviaries. It means they can exercise and self-entertain even when I'm not around them.

Just wondering, have you at all considered an outdoor aviary? I keep my parrots outside in large-ish aviaries. It means they can exercise and self-entertain even when I'm not around them.
Unfortunately there's no room for one even if it's a small one.
Plus, I would still be worried about the family dogs bugging the bird. And no, the family dogs will never be around the bird.

Unfortunately there's no room for one even if it's a small one.
Plus, I would still be worried about the family dogs bugging the bird. And no, the family dogs will never be around the bird.

Do you have a room the cat never goes in that you could keep your bird? Also, are you clipping it or keeping it flighted?

Back
Top Bottom