Advice needed...

Steph lovemybirds

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2019
Hello i have a male pigeon that I rescued last summer that I brought back to healthy. Now in the last couple weeks he's very grumpy, grunts at me and even bites me when I change his water or fill his feed. He's alone in his cage because when I brought him home my other male was picking at him i only have 3 birds. The other 2 are mated and quite happy. So my question is why is he so mad, is it just he needs a mate or is he just mad? Thanks for any advice or guesses

So my question is why is he so mad, is it just he needs a mate or is he just mad?
I think getting a mate would ease the problem.
Get a female,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, another male would just cause fighting inside cage. I know that the fighting may cease after some time, but sometimes injuries do occur.
If you have a large loft, and aviary, the fighting usually is less. In smaller quarters, it can get nastier.
WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :highfive:

Thank you all. I definitely think I will be looking for a female for him. When I let them play all 3 together he does dance around for my female and chases my other male. Now to find the perfect match!

Back
Top Bottom