Advice needed....

The one that everybody hates...an LG still air!! Works great for me!!!
big_smile.png

I do have the turner, but no fan. I read somewhere on here that if you plug it into a surge protector, it helps with temp, fluctuations. I would love to know how you get your humidity up so high!! (which probably is too high btw). I can only ever get mine up to 64% maybe, then it only stays there for a few hours. usually 40-50% is as good as it gets. Do you have the vent plugs opened?

For the 1st 18 days I had the 2 side water wells filled and that kept it at 42-45%
Then for the last days I cut out the bottoms of water bottles and put a sponge in it and filled it up with water. I put 3 in there along with filling the biggest water well in the bottom. I'll see if I can get a pic up tomarow if you'd like me to. I've left one plug in and the other out and it's been fine.
My hum was at 65% and then they started hatching and it went way up.
Soo since it was at 83% I opened the other plug.

I have had all the water things in the bottom full since I got mine, and I have small butter bowls that I have cut down to fit under the wire. I also have a bowl on top of the wire, with an old sock in it (don't have any sponges, need to get some I guess). I have even put a sheet of rolled up paper towel in there, with the end of it in the water. After all this, I still only have 54% right now. maybe mine is just broken?
lol.png

I guess your climate is dryer than mine, I don't think your bator is broke considering you have way better hatch rates than me. lol

Yeah and my dad has the stupid CA going non-stop, that doesn't help either! I have read that dry incubation is better. Hadn't planned on doing that, but looks like I am any way. Out of 20 fertile eggs set in it, I have hatched 17 chicks, and I am doing everything wrong by the others standards! Now if I were hatching eggs that I bought, it would probably be adifferent story, but hatching my own flock's eggs, I figure any is better than none. So far so good!

Lucky! I'm jealous! I had 33 eggs at the beginning and only 8 have hatched..lol at least I got a few! I'm still waiting on others but I think I'm not going to get anymore. We'll see though.

Back
Top Bottom