Advice on Free Range Peafowl

Poor guy
hit.gif
Do you ever let him watch wildlife programs or is it all Fox all the time for him?

KSkingsbee
I am so glad i now have someone that can relate to the free peafowl way, you are getting the first hand education ain't it grand
barnie.gif

Last edited:
KSkingsbee
I am so glad i now have someone that can relate to the free peafowl way, you are getting the first hand education ain't it grand
barnie.gif

Yeah, it is fun. Yesterday I went to town to deliver honey and eggs. One of the places I was delivering to is called The Pumpkin Patch, they sell farm produce and have things for the kids like a petting zoo, etc. I asked about the left over pumpking and they told me to take em all. So just a bit ago I was unloading 65 pumpkins into the shop/kitchen and of course they were underfoot and showing me just where to put them.

Yeah, it is fun. Yesterday I went to town to deliver honey and eggs. One of the places I was delivering to is called The Pumpkin Patch, they sell farm produce and have things for the kids like a petting zoo, etc. I asked about the left over pumpking and they told me to take em all. So just a bit ago I was unloading 65 pumpkins into the shop/kitchen and of course they were underfoot and showing me just where to put them.

I can't help asking... what is your plan for the 65 pumpkins?
pop.gif

Smash em! Last year when I had less than twenty peas I would feed them one or two per week. The seeds would be gone in a matter of seconds and the rest took about two or three days to disappear. It is a great monotony breaker during the winter and good for them too.

You better look out -- now you're gonna give pumpkin smashing a good name
gig.gif

I also get left over pumpkins and store them in my barn in a trailer, then i feed them threw the winter but this years pumpkins have very little seeds and are like gourds inside ,so i may pass on them cause i purchased one and it is still rotting up by the barn cause even the chickens will not eat it and it is huge
barnie.gif

Mine love lufa sponges before they start getting spongy, i kinda like em raw when they are very small.

The birds also love the dried seed from these mature sponges

Back
Top Bottom