Advice on running an LG successfully

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
Im planning on getting a LG this saturday and doing some duck eggs... But my room the temperature goes up and down, Mostly down at night, one of my thermometers says its around 70-75 at night when I use my window AC (my room is cement/brick).
If I dont use the AC and just a fan would that be good enough for the incubator to keep stable temp? it gets pretty warm in here during the day and at night without ac, sometimes cool on its own without AC

The more stable the room temp the easier it will be to keep temp steady in bator. You should warm your bator to temp for at least a day before putting eggs in. When you put the eggs in it will change your temp settings until the eggs get up to temp. Don't get frustrated with it. It takes us about 3 days to get the temp steadied. We make sure that our day time temp does not go over 100. at night our bator will sometimes cool to 95 but we just leave it alone because it will come back up as the room warms. Always better to be cool than hot. We have had great hatches in our LG at a rate of 95 to 100 percent. We also dry incubate which is to say that we don't place any water in our bator. It is usually humid enough here in Florida even in December when we start our first hatching.

Well said, I just got a LG and I just followed the directions of turning it up all the way till the temp came up then slowly backing it down till it stopped where I needed it, and it is holding well.
Nancy

Back
Top Bottom