Advice/opinion please? WARNING MAY UPSET SOME

I'm so sorry this happened. One idea is, you could take some of her feathers and make a little wreath or dream catcher to keep and give the carcas back to nature...

When I lost my favorite little Black Cochin hen, Tissi, to a chicken snake, we also FOUND that (she'd been broody and the snake ate all the eggs) she had been killed but two chicks had hatched and we had had no idea! We were so excited about the chicks, but still sad that she'd been killed protecting them
sad.png
We took her away from the coop, far into the woods and just set her there.
sad.png

With especially favorite birds I bury them in a deep narrow hole at the drip line of a tree or bush. Then they can nourish the growth of that plant and have a purpose even after death. I have buried several good broody hens around my peach tree, when it has plump fuzzy fruit I think of these hens raising even more chicks. We've buried several favorite roosters beside trees that are now growing extra strong & tall, we can refer to them as "Norton's Pine" and "Hawkeye's Mango".

This is a good topic for everyone to consider. I'm sorry for the loss of your Daisy.
hugs.gif

Thanks to you all, I know you know what I am feeling that's why this is such a great place to come for my comfort.

It has been a hard year for me, I lost 2 chickens, 1 zebra finch, and a 10 y/o cat to cancer. I have another cat 21 y/o and going fast, I have a dog and he tries to save the hens from harm, he attacked a hawk and saved a hen.

I think I have made up my mind, I will burry her in the back yard near my berry patch, I like the idea of her giving back to the earth, but my ground is not soft yet we just got hit by 2 feet of snow. I have two freezers in the garage, I will wrap her good in cloth and just let her slide into the hole with the cloth and all so I do not have to see her again. I will save some feathers, since I am a Cherokee that dreamcatcher is a great idea. Her colors are stunning all golden nd black. Thanks for your ideas as you can see I took all of them and rolled them into one to get my choice.

I just hope my new year is better.

I hope you all have a great New Year and know how much I appreciate your kindness
Rosemarie

Noodleroo, Knock Kneed Hen, and howling good,

Thank you for you kindness. I feel good that I figured the best solution for my problem.

Rosemarie

Back
Top Bottom