Advice please??? Extremely graphic dead embryo pics. :( Sorry, LONG

See... I don't get this... a hen can walk in poop, actually poop ON the eggs, turn them, kick them, leave them to get cold for a half hour at a time, and the eggs still hatch. Heck, I watched a seagull chick hatch on an exposed rocky ledge, no nest, just rocks and lichen, while being bathed in a brisk breeze from a waterfall coming off of a glacier 100 feet away... why the **bleep** can't we hatch them in controlled conditions?

hmm.png

Mrs. AK-Bird-Brain :

See... I don't get this... a hen can walk in poop, actually poop ON the eggs, turn them, kick them, leave them to get cold for a half hour at a time, and the eggs still hatch. Heck, I watched a seagull chick hatch on an exposed rocky ledge, no nest, just rocks and lichen, while being bathed in a brisk breeze from a waterfall coming off of a glacier 100 feet away... why the **bleep** can't we hatch them in controlled conditions?

hmm.png

I have wondered the same thing so many times!!!!! Perhaps we should just start sitting on them????? I think I may try that!!!! LOL​

I never had good hatches with my still air. I bought a forced air hovabator and have been having great hatches ever since. I hope the bator isn't your problem and you can come up with a solution to the problems.
fl.gif

I haven't had any problems at all with my still air incubators.....well, until now.
sad.png
I am just going to disinfect twice and hope all goes well next time. I am just scared right now that I am going to have some hatch with the same abdominal deformities as the others. I know it can happen and I would much rather they just die befor hatching if they are going to have a terminal defect anyway.
sad.png

If they were all from the same source I'd say defective genetics. But coming from different sources with a similar problem means it's the environment. What a bummer!

Back
Top Bottom