annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
smile.png
hello all,
frow.gif

I have 4 laying hens that i want to mingle all together with my 6 younger ones, about 4-5months old. i have 2 coops, connected only by chicken wire inside. i have 2 runs side byside. you can see what i am talking about thru my byc pics under my name.
i can free range all of them together outside fine, no problems! however the minute they go inside the runs, the older hens start going after the younger ones.
i am going slow with this process, but i desperatley want them all to be together.
fl.gif

i did cut some fence in between the runs and one of the younger ones go in with the bigger girls, and she was trapped with them. the bigger girls started pecking her. shes one of my crazy campine chickens. she is really nuts. and fast running.
i am doing the right thing, free ranging all outside in the yard, then trying the lock up all together? i hope what i said typing makes sense. i am better explaining verbably but this is a computer!
caf.gif

any advice is appriciated!!!

i currently had to put the cut peice of wire back up. to seperate them, i had to go in the house for a while.
barnie.gif

andrea
hu.gif

Last edited:
so i tried it again inside the run with all of them. did better this time. i hope tonight go's smoothly!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom