Advice Please! I have 5 chickens, 3 Roosters & 2 Hens

They are munching on frozen watermelon and catching up lol ;)

How are they reacting to each other?   Does it look  hostile,  or curious, or do they seem to remember each other? You'll have to go with your gut feeling...

Wondering what I should do tonight. The only safe place for the new girl to sleep is up in the coop with the other two. :/ Should I be worried? Any advice. I've tried posting on the managing flock forum but no response yet

Have you put them together yet? I'd try it before dark then when they still can move around in the pen. Give them a chance to work it out....

OK that lasted one minute. The new one was being submissive but my black hen started pecking and going nuts on her. I did not like that at all :( they are separated again. Ugh what do I do?

How much room is there on the roost? I have a bully hen who attacks others at roosting time and I made a simple cardboard divider so that she has her own space at night.

Here's my cardboard divider on the roost. I attached it with tie wraps. I put the mean chicken on one side and the other 3 all stayed on the other side. Later, I moved it further to make the bully's side even shorter. You could separate the new hen in her own space....

Here's my cardboard divider on the roost. I attached it with tie wraps. I put the mean chicken on one side and the other 3 all stayed on the other side. Later, I moved it further to make the bully's side even shorter. You could separate the new hen in her own space....
They don't have much space. It is just a standard coop from the tractor supply store. The run is under construction so the wire is not up yet.

Still you can improvise a divider in a smaller space. There are a lot of forums on integrating new birds, from those that have done it, lots of helpful advice. I haven't actually done it yet, mine are still separated...I've been reading thru the various forums for the past month

OK that lasted one minute. The new one was being submissive but my black hen started pecking and going nuts on her. I did not like that at all :( they are separated again. Ugh what do I do?

Still you can improvise a divider in a smaller space. There are a lot of forums on integrating new birds, from those that have done it, lots of helpful advice. I haven't actually done it yet, mine are still separated...I've been reading thru the various forums for the past month

Thanks for the advise. I will see if I can rig up a divide. I will check out that forum

Back
Top Bottom