Advice please! Is this Bumblefoot?

We just went through a cold snap of well below zero (-16C). I initially thought frostbite, as her feet/toes were stiff & and brought her in to warm up her feet and put them in luke warm water. We kept her in for 2 days, and that’s when we noticed the swelling.
I would keep watching, because of the color of her feet, it can be difficult to notice frostbite. She definitely could be having frostbite symptoms with blisters, weeping, and swelling. Hopefully, it’s not that, but if you notice the feet turning black and drying out, that could be the reason. Is there any odor? I would continue the warm soaks daily.

We just went through a cold snap of well below zero (-16C). I initially thought frostbite, as her feet/toes were stiff & and brought her in to warm up her feet and put them in luke warm water. We kept her in for 2 days, and that’s when we noticed the swelling.
I agree with @Eggcessive when you mentioned the blisters were weeping, frostbite came to mind.
I'd see how it goes, hopefully she'll recover quickly.

I would keep watching, because of the color of her feet, it can be difficult to notice frostbite. She definitely could be having frostbite symptoms with blisters, weeping, and swelling. Hopefully, it’s not that, but if you notice the feet turning black and drying out, that could be the reason. Is there any odor? I would continue the warm soaks daily.

Back
Top Bottom