Advise Please! Hatched Chicks KNOCKING Other Eggs in Bator?

Morning_Song

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 6, 2009
Michigan
Here is the thing ... I am hoping someone can answer right away as I forgot until about an hour ago that I need to stop the egg turner.
Incubator is foamy style GQF. Never understood the 'lock down' part of hatching before but I am understanding that it does dry out the membrane making the pipped eggs unable to hatch the rest of the way? We often have several pip that do not go on to hatch successfully. BUT we are always opening the incubator to take out the LIVELY newly hatched chicks because they are rolling and knocking the other eggs around in the incubator. HOW do others stop this from happening as it seems very bad for the other not-hatched-yet chicks/eggs???

Please advise
signed,
DUMB CLUCK

I am having the same thing happen. When is the best time to take the chicks out? I have 27 eggs and 5 have hatched so far.

I am having the same thing happen. When is the best time to take the chicks out? I have 27 eggs and 5 have hatched so far.[/q] I don't leave them in longer than 8 hrs some people say upto 24 but i hatch mine at 58% humidity my chicks dry quick. Good luck with your hatch.

I have 6 hatched now. The first one hatched around 11:00 pm last night, but he isn't dry yet? At least 6 more have pipped. This is my first time to incubate and I am so afraid of doing it wrong. Thanks for your help.

I have 6 hatched now. The first one hatched around 11:00 pm last night, but he isn't dry yet? At least 6 more have pipped. This is my first time to incubate and I am so afraid of doing it wrong. Thanks for your help.
chicks that are goin to make it do. We hatch numerous amounts for ourselves and of other people if you are interested in some mindblowning stuff check out on hatching check out the thread " new ways to grow and hatch a duck embryo" truely inspiring but that's how far you can take this process. Your doing great for first time post some pics everybody loves baby pic. What breed are they?

They are mixed. I'm not sure what the roo is. I had 4 eggs from my sister who has mixed hens, the others were from RIR, Barred Rocks and one game hen egg. They are basically 'backyard chickens' I guess. Lol. I will post picks soon.

These are the 6 that have dried. I have 7 more drying, one pipping out. I have lost 5 while they were pipping. :( The others haven't started pipping yet. I hope they are ok.
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom