Affordable Homestead sized Fodder systems

melwynnd

Songster
7 Years
Sep 21, 2012
West Plains, MO
Hi All,

After much experimenting, I have designed a Fodder system that is very easy to use and reasonable to ship.

I have three models:

The six tray produces one finished tray of Fodder a day. It takes 5 cups (about 2 1/2 pounds) of seed and produces around 15 pounds of finished Fodder. It will feed about 40 chickens

The twelve tray produces 2 finished trays of Fodder a day. It takes 10 cups (about 5 pounds) of seed and produces around 30 pounds of finished Fodder. It will feed about 80 chickens.

The eighteen tray produces 3 finished trays of Fodder a day. It takes 10 cups (about 5 pounds) of seed and produces around 30 pounds of finished Fodder. It will feed about 120 chickens.

The system is designed to be used indoors (I would suggest putting it on a mat of somekind as it splashes a bit, especially as you're getting your trays started) and makes kind of a nice water feature. You could even spray paint it a pretty color (I like the hammered copper paint, but whatever floats your boat
grin.png
). The water is completely automated with a timer that can be set to your preferences. All that needs to be done with it is to change the water in the sump periodically.

The 6 tray is $225 + $25 s&h

The 12 tray is $320 + $35 s&h

The 18 tray is $415 + $55 s&h

You can buy the systems online at:

www.half-pinthomestead.com/FodderSales.html

You can either use PayPal or just pay as a guest with any credit card. I also accept checks if you don't like to buy over the internet. Just PM me and I'll give you my address.

Sherry

Can this sys. be set up and used outdoors to grow fodder. I have no place indoors to set a sys. up and would like to set one up outdoors on my back deck. I live in western Montana where at this time of year we are still have some snow fall and colder temps. But by next month we will be up into the mid 50s to high 60s. So any information you can help me with I would be greatly thankful for.

Thanks
Walt
Montana

Back
Top Bottom