Affordable incubators and eggs for school project?

The way I understand this, you are looking for an incubator and hatching eggs for a school project.

A few suggestions. Talk to your county extension agent, in the phone book under county government. That agent probably knows some place you can get the use of an incubator and free eggs. They may even be able to find an expert to help you with the project or at least set it up. Some extension agents are extremely helpful with things like this. Some are not. But this is the first place I’d try.

Talk to people at the local feed store. Tell them what you are looking for. There is a reasonable chance they can help or they know someone that can.

Go to the "Where am I? Where are you!" section on this forum, find your state thread, and post there. I found this thread but it is not very active. Maybe there is another thread you can find or maybe pm someone on here that is close to you.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/240/georgia-here-too/180

The Georgia land grant universities are University of Georgia, North Georgia College & State University, and Fort Valley State University. If you are near any of these, check and see if they have a poultry science department. If so, contact that department. They may blow you off or some grad student may get extra credit by helping you. How much does a phone call cost?

Good luck with it.

Ridgerunner presents a good idea. It may apply to private individuals as well. There are a lot of unused incubators in this BYC community. Perhaps post in the Wanted section?

I know that if I was closer I would lend you one of my incubators (not the Chick-bator).

I'm all for advocating chickenkeeping at an early age!

Thanks for all of the info and suggestions! We are going to go to the extension office this afternoon and see what we see!!

I will post pictures and results as we get going; if you want to know about my school, this is our website: www.honeyfern.org.

Back
Top Bottom