African Goose hen laying brown egg?

:welcome
I don’t have chickens, only ducks and goslings. But from what I know it’s not exactly common for most chickens and ducks to lay eggs that large, so it’s probably safe to assume that your goose is laying the large white eggs. If it helps, goose (and duck) egg shells are usually thicker than chicken egg shells (given that the goose has the correct amount of calcium and whatnot), of course there are probably the odd super thick chicken egg shells or thin goose egg shells, but odds are you should be able to tell just by how easily the egg cracks open. In my experience chicken eggs are much easier to crack than duck eggs. I am pretty sure that the huge brown egg is a double yolk RIR egg. Roosters can’t fertilize geese, even if they want to lol, and the actual shape of the egg is nearly identical to the other RIR egg and much more rounded at the ends and fat than the goose egg. I hope this helped and contributed to this thread in some way and btw that egg is super cool!! It’s always fun to find an unusually large, small, or weirdly shaped egg lol.
Thank you for the info. You are right I was super excited when I found the huge egg. Disappointed that the 4 white ones might not belong to the hen goose after all. I’ve read some more about goose eggs and the goose hen is not laying yet! Something else to look forward to! . Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom