African goose with eye infection

212lnenne

Chirping
Jul 29, 2018
My goose has a infection in her right eye or at least that start of an infection,I think she stabbed it on a wire Or something and she can’t see out of it ,I feel terrible and was wondering how much penicillin to give her to help with the infection. I don’t know her exact weight but I am betting she is about 15-20 pounds.I hate to see her in pain or struggle with getting around.she is acting fine other than bumping into stuff occasionally.although I haven’t seen her eat today.

Last edited:
I’m not sure about penicillin but we use Vetericyn Plus Antimicrobial Pet Ophthalmic Gel. You can also get powdered antibiotics for their water. We’ve never used that but it’s been suggested. The gel worked great for us.

So I just gave her 1 ml of penicillin as per my vets orders, and I’m sorry I didn’t see your post before I gave her the shot so I could get a pic, I don’t really want to keep catching her over and over because she is freaking out right now and I don’t want to stress her out more than I need to.

He wants me to give her 1- 0.5 ml penicillin for 4 days. I just want to know what I could do to get her to eat.

Hi, How did it go? I'm trying to give penicillin to my 9# duck, but its so very hard to get through the down and and when I did I couldn't get the shot to inject. I tried three times and felt bad and went for more research. It squirted fine outside the duck. I didn't want to go too far into the breast and I'm using a 27 guage needle.

Hi, How did it go? I'm trying to give penicillin to my 9# duck, but its so very hard to get through the down and and when I did I couldn't get the shot to inject. I tried three times and felt bad and went for more research. It squirted fine outside the duck. I didn't want to go too far into the breast and I'm using a 27 guage needle.

Before Injection, wet some of the down, with water, and if needed pluck a feather or two for easier visibility.

A 27 is too tiny, get a 22 gauge, and try that.

https://lafeber.com/vet/intramuscular-injections-in-birds/

Back
Top Bottom