After today, I know what breed I want next!

shelleyb1969

Star Bright Farm
11 Years
Jul 24, 2008
Brown City, Michigan (Thumb)
Today was my first ever poultry show...Michigan FowlFest. It was such an incredible adventure!
wee.gif
Miss_Jayne and I had a blast, to put it mildly.
ya.gif
And now I know what my next breed of chicken will be. The magnificent black Australorp. Those birds are beauties!
thumbsup.gif
Of all the heavy breeds at the show today, those were my fave by far. Now...should I wait until spring, or get some now?
hu.gif

Shelley-
It was nice to meet you. I wish I had been able to stay longer at Fowlfest. Regretably, DD fell ill & we had to leave.
roll.png
I met Opa in the parking lot. I also spoke with the gentleman from Owosso who gave us the Showgirl eggs that have been in my 'bator for 2 weeks...
fl.gif

I fell in LOVE with the Buff Orps today. That is the breed I want to acquire next.

It was great meeting you too, BayCityBabe! Sorry I didn't get much time to talk to you...when Baby's gotta go, Baby's gotta go! Especially being new at potty training! I hope we get to meet up again sometime. I thought the Orps were nice, but something about those black Australorps just mesmerized me. Gots to get me some!

shelleyb1969
I have two 22 week old black australorps that I will be willing to sell you. I started out with 34 chicks back in May and have been busy reorganizing my flock so that I have 2 hens of each of the breeds I like. Yesterday I picked up 2 speckled sussex and since I currently have 4 BAs, 2 will have to go. Let me know if you are interested.

shelleyb1969
I have two 22 week old black australorps that I will be willing to sell you. I started out with 34 chicks back in May and have been busy reorganizing my flock so that I have 2 hens of each of the breeds I like. Yesterday I picked up 2 speckled sussex and since I currently have 4 BAs, 2 will have to go. Let me know if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom