Again at it

Mshadows89

Chirping
Dec 18, 2018
Israel
Hello i have a 3 month old brahma she had blood on her vent due to an injury few weeks ago her wound healed but now she has hard time pooping whitish discharge comes out when she strains and there is hard poop that was blocking her vent i cleared it out with a q-tip and olive oil gave her a warm bath cleaned everything up but still no poop theres no egg inside her since shes to young shes eating drinking runs around but still strains no poop just white liquid comes out and she sits there with a gurgly sound when she is straining her wound healed well. She also has a bad poopy smell around her vent what can i do she is not getting picked on either

Hello i have a 3 month old brahma she had blood on her vent due to an injury few weeks ago her wound healed but now she has hard time pooping whitish discharge comes out when she strains and there is hard poop that was blocking her vent i cleared it out with a q-tip and olive oil gave her a warm bath cleaned everything up but still no poop theres no egg inside her since shes to young shes eating drinking runs around but still strains no poop just white liquid comes out and she sits there with a gurgly sound when she is straining her wound healed well. She also has a bad poopy smell around her vent what can i do she is not getting picked on either
Can you please post some photos of her, the poop and vent?

Check her crop first thing in the morning before she eats/drinks - is it empty?
She may have suffered some serious damage to her vent from the picking and it's not functioning properly.

What do you feed, including treats?
You can try offering wet feed to see if that helps. A white discharge may be Vent Gleet or Urates, hard to know. Hopefully we can tell a bit more with your photos.

She may have suffered some serious damage to her vent from the picking and it's not functioning properly.

You can try offering wet feed to see if that helps. A white discharge may be Vent Gleet or Urates, hard to know. Hopefully we can tell a bit more with your photos.
Ill send some photoes in the morning since its night here and no treats she does eat figs from my tree and i was feeding her some scratch grains but mostly chick crumbles and i tried giving yogurt not eating and its warm here plenty of fresh water

Ill send some photoes in the morning since its night here and no treats she does eat figs from my tree and i was feeding her some scratch grains but mostly chick crumbles and i tried giving yogurt not eating and its warm here plenty of fresh water

I forgot to mention she has this whitish crust on the sides of her beak maybe due to preening the vent idk yet ill send photos first thing

I forgot to mention she has this whitish crust on the sides of her beak maybe due to preening the vent idk yet ill send photos first thing
Heres a picture shes getting worse

Attachments

• 20190826_170505.jpg
    20190826_170505.jpg
    761.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190826_170503.jpg
    20190826_170503.jpg
    704.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20190826_170433.jpg
    20190826_170433.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 12
I'm sorry that she is not well.

I would bring her in a clean all that off. Get some photos of what the vent looks like afterward.
It does sound like her vent was damaged, she may not have much control anymore, it's hard to know. If you have vet care that would be best.

I wish i can send photos but i camehome from work she died =( her but was cleaner then yesterday she was eating this morning but not drinking water since it was the same her wing looked like it was stuck on a peice of wood in the corner cant really tell if that was the cause

I wish i can send photos but i camehome from work she died =( her but was cleaner then yesterday she was eating this morning but not drinking water since it was the same her wing looked like it was stuck on a peice of wood in the corner cant really tell if that was the cause
I'm sorry to hear that :hugs
You can post photos if you wish.

To me in the previous photo it looks like her vent was clogged up, but hard to tell.
Unfortunately sometimes we don't know the cause. A necropsy through your state lab might shed some light on it or if you feel up to it, you can perform an informal one yourself.

I'm sorry to hear that :hugs
You can post photos if you wish.

To me in the previous photo it looks like her vent was clogged up, but hard to tell.
Unfortunately sometimes we don't know the cause. A necropsy through your state lab might shed some light on it or if you feel up to it, you can perform an informal one yourself.

Yeah it prob was clogged up i havent seen her poop at all from yesterday and today also she had a bad gurgling sound. But it is what it is. We dont have a state lab here and itll take a few days to catch someone who does lab tests. Vetenarians are extremely expensive here and not experienced like the usa i asked a vet on the phone sent him a video he said give her pennicilin i asked him what do u think is wrong he waned 150$ just to tell me whats his opinion i said no thank u lol ill just get a new chicken

Back
Top Bottom