Age of these hens ?

I have no knowledge of game type birds. Upright stance and legs tells me it's some sort of game bird but I couldn't identify a Malay from an Isil. They look to be point of lay. Meaning they are nearing the time of lay. Age beyond that I couldn't guess as I don't know how long it takes these breed types to start lay. If they were non game I'd guess around 18 weeks of age. The combs will turn completely red when they are ready to lay. Seem to be getting close as there is red coming in.

I'm unsure what all the previously posted criticism is about. The birds look healthy. Seem to have adequate room and obvious ventilation. Bedding would be nice as it makes cleaning easier and reduces odor. But that has nothing to do with the birds. You above responders are taking a negative stance that is not warranted nor being asked for. Put that high horse back in the stable. I'm saddened by your conduct.

That was an old post.
I have since said I will no longer be arguing.
7289B8F3-0FA0-47BC-AD39-3957841A9BA9.jpeg

Last edited:
I have no knowledge of game type birds. Upright stance and legs tells me it's some sort of game bird but I couldn't identify a Malay from an Isil. They look to be point of lay. Meaning they are nearing the time of lay. Age beyond that I couldn't guess as I don't know how long it takes these breed types to start lay. If they were non game I'd guess around 18 weeks of age. The combs will turn completely red when they are ready to lay. Seem to be getting close as there is red coming in.

I'm unsure what all the previously posted criticism is about. The birds look healthy. Seem to have adequate room and obvious ventilation. Bedding would be nice as it makes cleaning easier and reduces odor. But that has nothing to do with the birds. You above responders are taking a negative stance that is not warranted nor being asked for. Put that high horse back in the stable. I'm saddened by your conduct.
I am sorry but to me this does not look like a happy bird.
1607886517751.png

But you are correct, this has nothing to do with the original post, and OP I am sorry. However happy birds make happy eggs. I am not in your situtation so I don't know your birds aswell as you, but just try to make sure the birds are happy. I am not familiar with Aseels however they are not really meant for egg layers. They lay ~40 eggs annualy. Just please keep a close eye on your birds and be 100% sure they are happy.

These birds look very unhealthy and unhappy, it seems obvious to any aviculturist what with the drooping stance, the discolored faces, even the feathers look a bit off. Their faces could be light from being young or old but even then I’ve personally never seen such pale faces. Ventilation doesn’t seem adequate, what with the single window from what I can see in the photo, and it’s at roosting height, which means, if it gets cold, cold drafts. Not to mention ventilation holes should be at either side from each other to help ammonia and dust flow out rather than into fragile bird lungs.

Back
Top Bottom