Aggresive Muscovy Drake ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Because of one naughty duck? Are you crazy?

Well, that makes a marvelous excuse to, well, 'liquidate' the stock.... And muscovies are wonderful stuffed with bread crumbs and onion, slow cooked with.... Well you get the idea
lau.gif

Good grief...

Have i had a Muscovy drake kill another bird? no.. but i did have a drake that went nasty.. and he was raised by us from the get-go(day old) i got rid. I still have 3 more drakes here(all Muscovy) and they are ok..

I do not however have my ducks with any other breed nor type of poultry so I cannot comment on how they are with other types/breeds. I'm sorry that has happened, how worrisome
sad.png

AGAIN.... Thank you all for your post.
I really did not mean to start such a controversy.

I haven't had a problem with Muscovys, but I heard those Bessemer ducks are like pit bulls on steroids!

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Beth, honestly, it wasn't YOU.

But when someone makes a blanket statement about ALL kinds of any one animal, (and I don't care if its ducks, dogs, pigs, whatever), it tends to make those who own those animals a bit touchy.

It's the stereotyping...like all blondes are stupid, all brunettes are studious, all redheads are jerks....etc, that gets people in trouble. Same when people stereotype animals.

I really hope that you're able to fix the problem with your drake. If you're not, then I agree, dispose of him in some way, whether it be eating him, finding him a new home, whatever. Good luck!

Laurie

Quote:
Because of one naughty duck? Are you crazy?

Well, that makes a marvelous excuse to, well, 'liquidate' the stock.... And muscovies are wonderful stuffed with bread crumbs and onion, slow cooked with.... Well you get the idea
lau.gif

Perhaps this kind of crass comment is best saved for the "Meat Bird" section where people like me that don't eat their ducks don't have to read it.
'Preciate it...

Quote:
lau.gif
I've heard they're like sharks with wings, best to avoid them

They have vampire teeth that pop out of their bills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom