Aggressive 4-month-old silkie roo

Sorry you're so upset, but really, its for the best. Just think of all the nice Silkie boys who never get a chance to have a home. There are LOTS of lovely boys out there, find yourself one and you'll feel alot better about letting your meanie go :hugs
Nikki

May 2012 I got 6 silkies that were about 2 Weeks old (2 white, 2 black, 2 blue).
It has turned out all are hens except 1 black is a beautiful roo. In November I found 1 hen just sitting in the same spot of the coop for a couple days, I picked her up to move her and she couldnt stand. I brought her in the house and after about 3 mo of caring for her she is able to walk again and started laying an egg everyother day! Yhea!
Now a new issue...a ciuple Weeks ago found one white hen just dead in the coop. No obvious injury. My roo is very protective if his girls not sure if he hurt her or what. 2 other hens seem to stay under the nesting boxes rarely come out. My husband says we should separate the roo as he may be being aggressive to the hens. Should I separate the roo? maybe even just a few hrs a day? Will my roo die from loneliness if he is penned & cooped by himself. My silkies are pets and will never eat them...that will never be an option.

Back
Top Bottom