1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Aggressive Chick?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by tiffrosef, Jul 30, 2014.

1. tiffrosef

tiffrosef Chirping

Jun 17, 2014
    I have never had an aggressive chick before until now, my silver laced wing wyandotte is SUPER aggressive. It bites whenever I get in the brooder at all, charges my hands, etc. Even if my hands are on the other side of the brooder changing water or food, it goes out of its way to attack me. Its only about a week and a half old.

Any ideas why its so aggressive, and any ideas how to get it to be sweeter? All my other babies are very sweet and will sit in my hands and let me hold them.

This is her(mostly black one, the other is my auatralorp)

[​IMG]

2. Judy

Judy Crowing Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  3. The meanest chicks I have owned were wyandottes. They never made it to old enough to lay. I butchered them........

4. tiffrosef

tiffrosef Chirping

Jun 17, 2014
    Hmm, I would rather not kill her if I don't have to. She seems to be fine with the other birds, just mean to me. We will have to see if I can get her to be nice.

5. whittychick

whittychick Songster

Jul 28, 2013
    Cape cod
    Oh no! This would make me so sad! I would keep picking her up as much as you can so shell get used to you? Can you tap her beak when she tries to peck you? Lol! Do they even understand that!!!?? Good luck! I hope she turns sweet for you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: