Aggressive Drake?

That is what I was thinking. I have been keeping my eyes open around here but there doesn't seem to be many ducks for sale in Middle Tennessee. LOL

when correcting my ducks from an unwanted behavior, i pick them up, make them look at me by gently hold their necks and point their faces right at me and i say, "NO! NO! BAD DUCK!" in a firm voice. I also tap their beaks with my index finger and say, "NO! BAD!". I use this when they like to do things like forage on my carpet, peck or bite, etc... i had to do this A LOT when they were little, but now that they are over a year old, i barely have to do it at all.

As a side note... right after correcting a duck, don't be surprised if they turn around and go right back o doing what they just got in trouble for... it's duck behavior for ya... you'll probably have to correct a 100 times and get frustrated and give up... then one day you'll notice they just don't do the bad behavior anymore...

It seems when you pick up your duck, you are doing something similar to what i described... he's get the hint that you are in charge. maybe you can teach your son to do the same? that is if your son isn't terrified of him.

Back
Top Bottom