Aggressive Emu

dnkfarm

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 28, 2011
Iva, SC
Does anyone have any idea why our extremely docile, loving female emu whenever there are strangers present? She doesn't try to attack the strangers she attacks us. I thought it was just when guys were here working (building things) that she acts this way but today she was crazed because my brother is here for the wkend at my mom's next door and she can see his truck. I had to fight her off with a rake! All other times she is sweet and loving, likes to be petted etc.. Any ideas? Stranger Danger! I have had her for @ 2years.

Gee maybe you could contact animal planet. They have dog and cat therapists or something. Maybe they would consider doing a show about her. No joke. Alot of people are getting emus nowaways and really need info. Because of their size, strength (kicking) they can be quite formidable. Someone must know how to handle them and figure them out. Do you have a zoo in the area, maybe they could clue you in to why she does this. She obviously is NOT protecting you.

Does anyone have any idea why our extremely docile, loving female emu whenever there are strangers present? She doesn't try to attack the strangers she attacks us. I thought it was just when guys were here working (building things) that she acts this way but today she was crazed because my brother is here for the wkend at my mom's next door and she can see his truck. I had to fight her off with a rake! All other times she is sweet and loving, likes to be petted etc.. Any ideas? Stranger Danger! I have had her for @ 2years.

THat should say ATTACKS whenever strangers are present. She is afraid of the strangers and leaves us alone if we stand next to them but runs for us if we walk away from them. CRAZY bird!! She also got crazed because a strange truck went to the neighbors across the street!

Back
Top Bottom