Aggressive hen or Rooster?

dimwater

Hatching
Aug 14, 2021
Hello All, Love this community, I am on here all the time reading threads. A little background, we started our flock last year, original flock of 11 Isa Browns that are over a year, 4 leghorns that are 2 months younger than the Isa browns, and we just got 3 wyandotte and 3 green queens in the spring, which are around 20 weeks old now. All of the newbies were supposed to be female, we have an obvious roo, as you will see in the video, which is fine, he seems pretty docile, but I don't know about the other one, it is larger than the roo, I have seen it sing the egg song and recently crowing, it is also being very aggressive towards the other hens and mounting them as you will see in the video. I am fine with the roo, but I don't think I can have both, I'm afraid my girls will get too beat up with 2 of them. They are allowed to free range a couple days a week, but not all the time. Any input or suggestions? Thank you so much!!

I can’t see a video. But my suggestion is to send aggressive guy to the rooster camp. No one is gonna want a rooster who is rough with his girls.

I'm not sure why the video didn't work, but here is a pic of the culprit I am unsure of

Attachments

• 20210810_194524.jpg
    20210810_194524.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 19

Back
Top Bottom