aggressive rooster solution?

chickensss

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 15, 2014
I have a golden comet rooster, he's only about 4 1/2 months old and he's very pretty, but he's aggressive toward people.. including me. he charges at me from across the yard and runs after me when I clean the coop! I've done nothing to him, I'm the one who feeds him and keeps his home clean! shouldn't he be nice to me? anyways, I think I might have a solution for this, besides getting rid of him. do u guys think that a boat whistle will scare him away when he comes after me?
here's what I'll do:

when he decides he wants to charge at me, I will stomp my foot right in front of him and blow the boat whistle to kinda startle him so he won't do it again.
*a boat whistle is quite loud and sort of has a hight pitch kinda sound if u blow it hard enough*

give ur opinions below please!

As I understand it, a mean rooster is a mean rooster. Some consider it a genetic defect and take steps to make sure he doesn't breed. He is still somewhat young and may be trained but I haven't heard many success stories. I wouldn't recommend passing the problem to someone else. My recommendation involves dumplings.

Last edited:
I have a golden comet rooster, he's only about 4 1/2 months old and he's very pretty, but he's aggressive toward people.. including me. he charges at me from across the yard and runs after me when I clean the coop! I've done nothing to him, I'm the one who feeds him and keeps his home clean! shouldn't he be nice to me? anyways, I think I might have a solution for this, besides getting rid of him. do u guys think that a boat whistle will scare him away when he comes after me?
here's what I'll do:

when he decides he wants to charge at me, I will stomp my foot right in front of him and blow the boat whistle to kinda startle him so he won't do it again.
*a boat whistle is quite loud and sort of has a hight pitch kinda sound if u blow it hard enough*

give ur opinions below please!

Unfortunately, that is human logic, not chicken logic. You have a rooster who is already showing aggression - it is going to get worse, not better. Your best option is to rid yourself of this problem rooster. Were you seeking to have a rooster? Only ask as GC are sex-linked birds, so an "accidental" rooster is fairly easy to avoid - and if you are wanting a rooster in your flock there are so many nice roos out there that you don't need to put up with a nasty one.

@Ol Grey Mare we didn't expect a rooster, we were just hoping for hens but that rooster just happened to get mixed in. he was nice at first but he turned into a monster. I guess we'll just have to think about giving him to a friend of ours.

Back
Top Bottom