AHH! Only two weeks until my foal is due! *link to video Pg13!!* EOWYN

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Chicken Fruit, May 3, 2009.

1. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    I bought an ineutero friesian foal back in september. Its due in two weeks.

I

CANNOT

WAIT

I cant believe 26 years of waiting is two weeks from paying off. Oh my goodness. That little girl always staring longingly at the fields passing by wishing just one of those beautiful horses was mine, that little girl finally gets her horse!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

this is the mom at the bottom of the page (last friesian mare) Trynke

This is the sire! anne 340

WHEEEE!!!

Iam counting down days. I wonder if it'll be a filly or colt. *sigh*

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2009
  2. FrizzleFreak

FrizzleFreak Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] can you say GORGEOUS!! That must have cost you a fortune.......I want a Friesian!! At this point, I would be sleeping in the barn....watching....except that the mare isn't actually at your house.

3. verity

verity Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Clemmons
    Good for you!

Being one of those 'little horse-girls' never ends -- :)

I bought my first horse (and he was the love-of-my-life!) for myself on my 40th birthday --

I am very happy for you!

4. Chicks_N_Horses

Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    Awesome. You will love horses - they are way more addicting than chickens [​IMG]

5. silverlining

silverlining Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2009
    Highlands Ranch
    yayyy! Do you have any experience training foals though?

6. suenrob

suenrob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2008
    Ft. Myers, FL
    What gorgeous parents!!!! Can't wait to see pics of the new foal. Congrats!!!!!

7. Chicken Fruit

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    I bought him before the mom went ster, and bought it on a payment plant- cost me 7500. The mom went ster about 2 weeks after I signed the contract. GAH! I didnt have the money at the time, but it was one of those things where it was just time. The heavens aligned, i felt the Lord said go, and bing bam boom it all came together on the fly. It was amazing.

I've been working with and on and around horses off and on now for two decades, I've never trained my own horse, but I have a good network of trainers to help me if I run into snags. All the education in the world is useless until you put it to work, and this foal is going to be my 1500 pound guinea pig... lol. 20 years of reading, watching and learning is about to be put into practice. I cant wait.

I wish I could be in the barn watching. Waiting. I'd seriously probably live in the barn if it was my mare. Or at least closer to home.

ohmygoshicantwait.

edit: I say HIM but I have no idea what it is. This is the 4th foal this mare has had at this farm, and she's only thrown fillies thus far. oh i cant wait.

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2009
  8. preppy*hippie*chick

preppy*hippie*chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Centerburg, Ohio
    I grew up with Morgans and some of the vey early stock that went into the breed was Friesian. Love 'em.

9. farmerlor

farmerlor Chillin' With My Peeps

10. Chicken Fruit

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Quote:Oh golly. He's gorgeous. I prefer the baroque style to the sport myself, but I couldnt pass up the hair Anne 340 passes down.

I cant wait to share pictures!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by