AHHH his poo!

Scour is the term for diarrhea in goats. Labored breathing means the goat seems to be having trouble breathing. If his sides are heaving I would say he is either feeling very bad or having trouble breathing.

I don't want to sound mean but it doesn't seem like you have the skills to diagnose or treat him. I think it would be best if you called a vet.
sorry, but i cant do anything with the vet, it would cost like 200 dollars and i have no job to get that money from.
so, i think i found out what the problem was, they were eating only green moist grass and not eaating much hay. therefor, the moisterness in grass and stuff caused moist poo. i gave some hay and the poo isnt as watery anymore.

I hope that I'm not the only one that noticed that as soon as someone suggests you seek professional help for symptoms that could indicate a potentially dangerous situation, you immediately respond that you don't have the funds and then suddenly you found the cause of his symptoms and he's miraculously fine?

I think it's highly unlikely that his scours, daze, and labored breathing resolved itself the hour between your posts.

You need to call a vet or have your parents call the vet. Your animals are sick incredibly often, and the majority of time it's because of things like improper conditions, improper feeding, or unsanitary living conditions -- and you keep getting more animals.

If this goat suffers because you refuse to even call a vet, neither you nor your family should have these animals, or any for that matter.

I hope that I'm not the only one that noticed that as soon as someone suggests you seek professional help for symptoms that could indicate a potentially dangerous situation, you immediately respond that you don't have the funds and then suddenly you found the cause of his symptoms and he's miraculously fine?

I think it's highly unlikely that his scours, daze, and labored breathing resolved itself the hour between your posts.

You need to call a vet or have your parents call the vet. Your animals are sick incredibly often, and the majority of time it's because of things like improper conditions, improper feeding, or unsanitary living conditions -- and you keep getting more animals.

If this goat suffers because you refuse to even call a vet, neither you nor your family should have these animals, or any for that matter.
I'm sorry, but I'm looking for info not insults.

How do i treat it? I will try to get my paws on those pills @cassie recommend .
Bloat isn't something that can really be resolved unless you know the cause of it, and I think it's evident that you aren't experienced enough to determine the cause of his symptoms -- and that's assuming he DOES have bloat and not some other ailment(s.)

You need to call a vet. There's no home remedy to treat bloat and he will die if it's left untreated.

Back
Top Bottom