AHHHH I went to the feed store!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Love my Critters!, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Love my Critters!

Love my Critters! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Carlsbad, NM
    Had to stop at the feed store with my husband and kids to get some feed. Well, you can guess where this is going. All I have are silkies and I have a hard time getting them around here. Well there was a sign that said silkies. You know I had to look, because a lot of the time our feed store is wrong and they are just banty cochins. Nope, not this time, they were silkies. I was a very good girl and picked up only 4 (they only had the buff color). Then my husband comes over there and falls in love with the coloring on the americauna chicks. Guess what we now have americaunas. [​IMG] My husband picked out 1 of every different color pattern and shade. I thaught I was bad. I was wanting to order a few good egg layers this spring, guess now I won't have too. I hope these pullets become good layers. Thanks for listening.

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I try to avoid looking in those boxes, because I can't so no either! [​IMG]

I'm absolutely amazed that the feed store had Silkies though! Good for you! It's even equally amazing that your DH jumped right on in there! [​IMG]

3. damselfish

damselfish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Southwest Missouri
    When you hear that cheeping sound as the feed store door opens, run away, run away!

OK, nevermind...run forward, run forward!

4. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I'm lucky my feed store doesnt carry live chicks. Instead they post the names of individuals who have them. At least I think thats lucky [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by