Ahhhhh....they are outside!!!

ZooMummzy

Queen of the Zoo
11 Years
Mar 31, 2008
Philomath, Oregon
I moved the 10 week olds outside today! It's a very good day!
lol.png

I love getting chicks and I love watching them grow, but at this point, they are no longer fun to have in the house. The dust and the constant fighting for space in the brooders gets tiresome. I have a little temporary pen/coop inside my run that I use for these transitions. Everyone will be moved to the big new coop in 2 weeks
ya.gif

Now all I have left in the house is 16 banties and a cockerel who needs to find a home! I tried to put him in with the little girls but he was downright nasty! He had my Ava by the neck dragging her around!!! I got so mad I put him out in the run for about 5 minutes and let the big girls take him down a couple notches. I'm not mean but he really made me angry. The big girls did not put up with his shenanigans, lol. For now, he's in chicken time out back in the house till he goes!

Anyone need an EE cockerel or 2 banty cockerels?
big_smile.png

You are such a patient person, or maybe I was impatient... My babies were out in the coop at 4 weeks. They had their own corner and a light, but Hubby couldn't stand the smell anymore.

Quote:
No, I would have had them out sooner if I had electricity in the coop. I would have had them outside from the minute I brought them home! Last year I made it to almost 4 months but this year, no, lol. I have all the banties in my laundry room so my cats won't bother them and I can't even imagine how long it is going to take me to clean it when they are ready to go outside.

Back
Top Bottom