airbag in neck

tony&jenn

Hatching
12 Years
May 30, 2007
Porter, NC
Hi ya'll

Been real busy with work, 3 dogs and 27 chicks. They are alittle over 4 weeks and I'm almost ready to get them outside. I have to put up the net on top of the pen to have it ready. We have lots of hawks here and I dont wont to feed them my chickens.

Anyway, one of them has a big puffy bag on her neck / chest. I called my vet and he said something about a leaking something or another. One of my dogs were running around the pen yesterday making them move around and it seems to have gotten bigger. She's cant chirp as loud as the others and it seems to be bothering her some now.

Anyone seen this before? Anything I can do? Almost seems like I should put a needle in it and let the air out or something.

any help would be great, thanks

I'll try to get a pic if that would help.

Tony

A pic would help....but try this. Take it out of the brooder, and put it in a brooder alone. No food....just water for the night. See if it goes down by morning. If not.....what are you feeding them? Do they get treats? Possible sour crop? Is it pooing normal? If the crop doesnt go down....maybe take it to the vet? Does your vet know chickens? I sure hope it is ok. Let us know.

Back
Top Bottom