Aivian/bird netting, whatever you want to call it..where do i get it?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by Dar, Sep 13, 2009.

1. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    home depot looked at me like i was some sort of 2 headed fool [​IMG]
    canadian tire asked me what i would use it for [​IMG]
    TSC does not carry it [​IMG]
    i asked my feed store and i was told that "Joe" down the road got it off the internet [​IMG]

where can I get it please someone give me some suggestions

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2009
  2. ShaggysGirl

ShaggysGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Temperance, MI
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2009
  3. LegHorn-BusHorn

LegHorn-BusHorn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Near STL mo
    I got it at Lowes. But, we already replaced it with regular chicken wire, it doesn't hold up to well and rips easily. I did like it at first though and it does keeps the birds from flying out which was my main concern at the time. Now my concern is fall leafs and snow and I know it won't hold up to. Good Luck!

4. chipchip

chipchip Out Of The Brooder

Apr 1, 2009
    Here in NY I just got mine yesterday at Home Depot. Are you looking for the thin netting that goes over the top of the run? I just paid $19.99 for a 7' x 100' roll. It's called Deer Block protective mesh covering and it's in the GARDEN area.

For the sides I got a heavier plastic mesh that I use for a temporary run also at Home Depot in the FENCING aisle.

They don't have the stakes though. I found those at a local feed store. They are plastic with one spike that goes into the ground really easy...I have tons of rocks here. Then the mesh hooks onto the stake. I move it once a week.
    Roberta

5. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    I bought mine at a garden centre, where they sell in/outdoor plants, rocks, and other landscaping products, and pond stuff. If you want to come to Chatham, I;ll tell you exactly where to get it [​IMG].

But I hear ya--I had a difficult time locating it too. I do know that places that cater to ponds and such usually sell it to keep the herons and cranes out of the ponds.

6. sheps4her

sheps4her Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 10, 2008
    Guilford County, NC
    When I went looking for mine, I asked the employees there (Home depot) and they had no Idea what I was talking about. [​IMG] So..I just walked and walked up and down the isles until I found it in the Garden area like others have said. I then showed said employees what it was in case some other poor soul came in asking for it. [​IMG]

7. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    Canadian TSCs and Home Depots are different. i really wish our TSCs were like your TSCs.

8. G Wiz Ranch

G Wiz Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2009
    Lompoc, CA
  9. Amethyste

Amethyste For Love of Boo...

We got ours in teh garden area at Lowe's.

Home Depot thought we were nuts... /shurg so we took our business elsewhere lol They are not high on my happy list lately!

10. mlm1965

mlm1965 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2009
    Maryville, TN
    Quote:That is what I bought to go over mine. Have to be careful of sticks and tree limbs, but so far so good

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by