Akita owners, unite! (If you are out there somewhere)

My dogs like chicken so heres one they like.
10lb chicken legs
Bag of carrots 1lb
Bag of peas 1lb
Bag of broccoli 1lb chopped
2cups brown rice
Throw chicken in crockpot with water cook til tender. Cool. Debone and skin. Add chicken back to crockpot with broth add vegetables and rice cook til rice is tender. Cool and ziploc portions. I put cubed apples in this too when I find them on sale.
I thank you so much! Emi will love this! When we make it, I will share a photo of her with her special dinner!

Aww, I am certain he would have thanked you many times if he could speak our language, he was very lucky you found him!
We talked !! if you are close to your animals and practice you can for sure. I would sit quietly and think come here. While he was paying attention. Won't work if they are sleeping! When they do come while you are doing the thinking command they get a treat. Be mindful to focus on them and teach them to do the same. Your dog will blow your mind.

Years ago a cousin had a white Akita. He was very aggressive to others in the household. Eventually he was put down. I'm wondering if he had hearing problems being pure white.
I don't think my cousin was a great owner to begin with.

Years ago a cousin had a white Akita. He was very aggressive to others in the household. Eventually he was put down. I'm wondering if he had hearing problems being pure white.
I don't think my cousin was a great owner to begin with.
I am so sorry to hear that....
But I do thank you for stopping by and sharing your short story!:)

I don’t have an Akita, but would love one. unfortunately I have cats (I also have a dog) and everything I could finds says they are bad with cats :( , are they bad with cats even if they grow up with them? I really want a spitz but can’t find any large spitz breeds that are good with cats.
I also have a cat and my akita loves him, but she was also raised with a cat when she was very young. The prey drive is no joke in akitas with things she didn't grow up with... Sadly she has killed a couple bunnies and tries to get the chickens every time they fly onto the dogs side of the yard.
20200811_125413.jpg

I also have a cat and my akita loves him, but she was also raised with a cat when she was very young. The prey drive is no joke in akitas with things she didn't grow up with... Sadly she has killed a couple bunnies and tries to get the chickens every time they fly onto the dogs side of the yard. View attachment 2626426
They look alike too how awesome!
You have to take the bad with the good when you got an akita. What you love about them also makes you nuts. The history of the breed is cool too besides being cute.

The breed will always have a place in my heart. We had one when I was a kid. His name was Max, he was black and white. You can see who his favorite person one in this picture with some of my brothers. Once my mom couldn’t find that brother - this was after we moved to the country. That was probably 6-8 months after this picture was taken. But my brother had curled up in the big igloo dog house, and was sleeping with the dog. And he loves to play in the mud pits we made. He made such an impact that this picture is hanging in my bedroom right along side picture of my own children. My whole family loved that dog.
I wish I could have one. But if I ever do it will be many years off. Our dog family is complete for now.

As for dogs living a really long time, my mother in-law had two pugs that lives past the age of 14. She fed them milk bones, and she fed them people food. One would only eat his milk bones and meat. But the other one loved pancakes so much that I’m pretty sure that was the only thing he ate the last 6 months of his life.

Attachments

• 7AB2A1A4-8A7F-4099-9099-AD12D324F340.jpeg
    7AB2A1A4-8A7F-4099-9099-AD12D324F340.jpeg
    397.4 KB · Views: 6
The breed will always have a place in my heart. We had one when I was a kid. His name was Max, he was black and white. You can see who his favorite person one in this picture with some of my brothers. Once my mom couldn’t find that brother - this was after we moved to the country. That was probably 6-8 months after this picture was taken. But my brother had curled up in the big igloo dog house, and was sleeping with the dog. And he loves to play in the mud pits we made. He made such an impact that this picture is hanging in my bedroom right along side picture of my own children. My whole family loved that dog.
I wish I could have one. But if I ever do it will be many years off. Our dog family is complete for now.

As for dogs living a really long time, my mother in-law had two pugs that lives past the age of 14. She fed them milk bones, and she fed them people food. One would only eat his milk bones and meat. But the other one loved pancakes so much that I’m pretty sure that was the only thing he ate the last 6 months of his life.
Wonderful story, thank you for sharing, he was SO handsome!

They are a very special breed, I took Emi into petco today and she liked getting out, she also got some treats out of it!

Back
Top Bottom