ALABAMA!!

Dragonfly: I kept him in quarantine for a couple weeks just in case. He acclimated just fine with his new girlfriends. My son named him "Big Boy" because he is SO much BIGGER than everyone else.
My only Blue Orp is broody so they arn't mating so he is just mating with the Buff Orphs right now and they are adding to the Blues nest. I can't wait to hatch out some of his and her eggs to get me some more Blues and Blacks then eventually get some Splash also.
I gotta settle for these Buff/Black orp mixes till then.

Jayare

My broody Silkies are pumping out the babies right now, I'm going to have to get rid of some of them soon. I don't have room for all of them. I'm LOVING these Blue chicks i've been getting. (keeping them) getting mostly Blacks and a couple Mixed color ones I'm not sure if they would be Paint or some kind of Splash. Have to wait and see what they look like when they feather in some.

Jayare

Orps: if you get up here to the Muscle Shoals area I have some Corturnix Quail eggs you can get to hatch out if your interested. I can meet you somewhere in town. I'm getting about 7 Quail eggs a day out of my 9 girls (3 boys). I dont have an Incubator to hatch any out right now so they arn't doing me any good right now till I can get a computer fan to put in my Incubator and try it out.

Jayare

Orps: if you get up here to the Muscle Shoals area I have some Corturnix Quail eggs you can get to hatch out if your interested. I can meet you somewhere in town. I'm getting about 7 Quail eggs a day out of my 9 girls (3 boys). I dont have an Incubator to hatch any out right now so they arn't doing me any good right now till I can get a computer fan to put in my Incubator and try it out.

Jayare

I'm going to take your offer on it. Not sure exactly when I will be up there next but I'll pm you when I do.

p.s. My homemade incubator doesn't have a fan either but it still works. Just have to increase incubation temp to 100 degree to make sure the eggs on the other side of the bator is warm enough.

My broody Silkies are pumping out the babies right now, I'm going to have to get rid of some of them soon. I don't have room for all of them. I'm LOVING these Blue chicks i've been getting. (keeping them) getting mostly Blacks and a couple Mixed color ones I'm not sure if they would be Paint or some kind of Splash. Have to wait and see what they look like when they feather in some.

Jayare

Let me know how much you want for them. I know someone is looking for silkies.

Your tractor looks great! I think that it will serve you well..............until chicken math sets in in about a week or two! Start looking for a place to build a permanent coop, you'll be needing more room soon. Just sayin'

lau.gif

I tried to explain to Toasterburn and his DW that you really can't have just two or three chickens. It's against all the laws of nature. One must have at least 10. That's not counting roosters, of course, because they don't lay, and chicks don't count because they may be roosters, and pullets really don't count until they start laying and then you NEED to try out several different breeds to see which have the best eggs, and personalities, and are the easiest to raise and are the prettiest, and eventually, one simply MUST try incubating and........well, you see what happens.......
gig.gif
Here it is in the shade now:

Dragonfly: I kept him in quarantine for a couple weeks just in case. He acclimated just fine with his new girlfriends. My son named him "Big Boy" because he is SO much BIGGER than everyone else. 
My only Blue Orp is broody so they arn't mating so he is just mating with the Buff Orphs right now and they are adding to the Blues nest. I can't wait to hatch out some of his and her eggs to get me some more Blues and Blacks then eventually get some Splash also.
I gotta settle for these Buff/Black orp mixes till then.

Jayare

Oh good! I meant to say something to you about quarantining, it's kind of scary really how many people don't do that. And I completely forgot, so I'm glad you're one of the smart chicken owners! :) I haven't had any sicknesses so far (knock on wood) but better safe than sorry! I'm so glad he found a good home with you guys! I was really curious what your son would name him, I love it! :) you will have to post some pics of his babies, please please?

Back
Top Bottom